Monday, February 7, 2011

Scripture Power!

Yesterday I witnessed this little bit of goodness:
I'm chatting away on the phone, Darin is setting up a computer in the other room, and these little monkeys are reading the scriptures! First they were reading Lehi's Dream, Calin would read a bit then when it was Naiya's turn he'd whisper the verse in her ear while she said it out loud. Then it looks like they switched to a random chapter in the Bible that Naiya picked.
With Calin trying to read the Book of Mormon on his own, we decided to read the New Testament as a family. I tried to give Naiya my old seminary Bible to use but she rejected it b/c it is falling apart. Instead, we spent a buck and got her one from DI. You'd think we'd never bought her anything before in her life. She is over-the-top thrilled to have her own bible. She keeps talking about it and thanking us and opening it up and requesting we read her random verses. It's not like she doesn't also have her own BOM, but she's had it for a while so I guess it's not as exciting? When we got the Bible, we also got her a few Dr. Seuss books, but she hasn't mentioned those again. It's all about the Bible.
I'm so proud of these kids. I wish I could say it was all my awesome parenting, but you'd know I was lying. =)
Seriously though, where did these kids come from?

3 comments:

mom said...

Good parents that keep trying no matter what mistakes they make-that's where they came from!

Keri said...

To quote Nephi, your children have been born of "goodly" parents. Don't sell yourself short.

Millie said...

such great parenting rooted deeply the love for the scriptures in their hearts...good job.