Most of you know we've been praying to move out of here for a long time. Heavenly Father has finally answered that prayer, and the answer is NO.
Surprisingly, we're both okay with it. We moved here 4 years ago with the impression that this is where the Lord wants us and although we would love to be in Idaho, we once again feel that this is where we should be. I don't know why, I don't know what the future holds, but I know this is the right thing for us.
Just a few weeks ago we couldn't stand the thought of staying here any longer, but we've done a complete 180. We have prayed about it, Darin fasted and took the matter to the temple, and the spirit tells us staying here is the right thing, and we both feel very good about it.
Darin is still hunting for a new job, only his search has shifted to the Cleveland area. That's where that book selection I quoted comes into play. We've been praying alot about the job thing, one job in particular. I have tried not to get my hopes up about it but I really think it'd be a great job for him and we could really use the money. But I know that if he doesn't get it it's b/c the Lord is answering our prayer with "something better" and perhaps he has more/other blessings in mind for us than we can't imagine. I know that doesn't necessarily mean monetary blessings right now. If the "something better" he has in mind has nothing to do with a paycheck, we know there is a bigger picture that Heavenly Father sees and we will continue to put our faith and trust in Him as we make these decisions.
I love our Father in Heaven and I know He hears our prayers and will answer them in His time and in His own way. If we open our minds to His will for us, even when it is contrary to our own, He will bless us with the added ability to accept His will, make it our own, and be at peace with it.
8 comments:
I have been through this same thing recently, Kate. Except it was to accept my sister's decision to marry when she is only 18(and there are loads of other concerns.) It was breaking my heart, but I've managed to change my heart and take her dress shopping and only the Lord has made it possible.
I love your faith. I remember being in the same situation... hang in there. You have the right perspective.
You guys know I'm not sorry that you're staying. I love having my kidles close-the big ones and the small ones. It will be exciting to see what Heavenly Father has planned for you. Love you guys.
You know I'm not sorry that you are staying. I love having my kidles close-the big ones and the small ones. It'll be interesting to see what Heavenly Father has planned for you. Stay tuned! Love you guys.
Well, I'm bummed! But, I too understand that you have to do what is best for your fam. And the Lord knows. And as long as you involve Him, He'll lead you where you're suppose to be. Hence the reason I'm in Utah. 9 years ago He told me to move here and now I've got a wonderful husband and three awesome kids. He definitely sees the big picture. And Faith will reveal it to us some day too! Love you guys and you're always in our prayers.
I'm glad you are staying...REALLY glad. I love watching this little grow and mature and develop into this amazing woman, wife, mom. Too bad you have to stay in Avon. I know of a great house that's going to be on the market soon...5 kids were raised in it. 3 bathrooms. Fenced in yard. Darn! But good luck with the employment. If the answer was a NO, then there's a YES somewhere on the horizon.
Well, I am glad that Darin's folks are out this way, at least I know you will be visiting!!
I am bumbed, but am glad you are following the Lord's council. He does see things we can't, if we all got what we wanted, we wouldn't appreciate what we did get.
I hope you find a new job! I love you all!!
Sad day for those in Idaho! But look at all these comments, you must be loved!
Post a Comment