Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mommy Land

This is probably too much information, but yesterday Darin and I locked ourselves in the bathroom for some kissing while the kids were playing. Calin came knocking on the door looking for me but Darin shooed him away without telling him I was in there too. He snuck out of the bathroom first and distracted Calin so I could get out. When I magically appeared in the living room Calin was dumbfounded and wondered where I had been. Without thinking I told him I was in Mommyland, and when he asked if he could go I told him it was a magical place only mommies were allowed to visit.
Then this morning I was upstairs getting some clothes out of Naiya's closet when he started calling for me downstairs. I ignored him so I could be alone for another minute but he ran upstairs and found me anyway, "Mom, didn't you hear me calling you, why didn't you answer. I thought you were in Mommy Land again." Haha! Oops!
Oh how I wish such a place existed, that I could close my eyes and poof myself into a magical Mommy Land. I can picure the place in my mind. There would be lots of sunshine and the perfect temperature. A river, birds, millions of flowers. Lots of shade trees, a shelf full of books, a computer desk with super high speed interent. And most importantly, the most comfy bed you could possibly imagine so you can nap to your hearts content. I think there'd also be lots of couches with a table full of freshly baked cookies for the moms to enjoy while they relax and visit with each other. Of course husbands could have special visiting rights to Mommy Land, but absolutely no children would be permitted. Nothing worse than retreating to a fantasy land only to hear someone elses kids whining! All cooking and cleaning would be done by magic too, and of course there are no calories or fat in Mommy Land. In fact, all moms look exactly how they've always wished they looked.
You can come and go to Mommy Land as you please. Stay for 5 minutes or 5 days, with no concern that time at home is passing you by but that when you return things will be exactly as you left them, only better. The kids would be in pefect mode, the house magically cleaned, and the dinner already on the table so you can sit back and relax and just enjoy quality family time for the remainder of the day.
Wouldn't that be great?

9 comments:

Terra said...

sign me up! Mommyland sounds absolutely wonderful!

Susan said...

Does this mean you and husband are working on #3? That's what MommyLand says to me. However, why not have a KatyLand...why not have a bedroom that your kids do not come into unless invited...not allowed in because you can't stand their demands. I personally think every mom deserves a room and space just to herself. And if you want to share it with spouse...then good for you. And by the way, KEEP UP THE KISSING!

Missy said...

Kate, I want to come to mommyland!! I love it, it sounds like a great place to live. Maybe that is where we can be neighbor at! I am glad you got to go to mommyland with Darin for a few minutes.

Nikki said...

I want to go to mommyland. Don't you just love how the kids just know the perfect time to start banging on a locked door??

Keri said...

With our kids we only get to
third base land. ha ha. That's why we only have 3 kids. I want a mommyland too! My kids figured out how to unlock the doors to mommy and daddy land oops.

Nicole said...

I think you're onto something!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a very good idea-i am afraid i might not ever leave if mommyland really existed

Max and Deborah said...

Of course cookies are in mommyland. Kids are so funny. Love the idea! I could use that escape everyonce and a while. Thanks for the thoughts. I agree with susan, Keep on kissing.

Jennie said...

this is great! what a wonderful place! mommyland! who knew?!