Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lazy (but busy) Days of Summer

Summer is in full swing over here. I'm loving the lazy days of summer. We're all sleeping in later and the leasurely mornings are great! We take our good old time getting dressed and eating breakfast. Then it's off to swimming lessons (for Calin, Naiya doesn't start until July).
My afternoon hours are flying by with all the packing going on. Yes my poor children are being completely neglected and have begged endlessly for me to set up the slip N slide. Which I haven't done. Since we don't have a fenced yard setting it up means devoting the afternoon to sitting in the backyard watching them, and that means no packing will get done that day. But maybe after I'm done blogging and the lasagna is in the oven I'll break down and take them out.
The summer schedule is filling right up. When we're not doing swimming lessons we're headed to Play Ground days at a local park, hitting the sprinkler park, going to the free family movies, soccer, library, nature walks, family swim at the pool, playdates, and knowing us, we'll probably throw in a few trips to the zoo. I signed up to clean the church for July (turned out to be terrible timing with the move, but not much I can do about it now). We also get to watch a friends guinea pig while they're on vacation. That should be fun for the kids! And then of course there's the actual moving that will take place in July. And we're also working a few camping trips into the mix. And before I know it school will be starting again.
Wow. Only 2 months left of summer!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Busy girl. Call us next time you go to the sprinkler park.!!