Wednesday, September 23, 2009

100 Days

I read an article recently that informed me that as of today, there are 100 days left of the year. That means, 100 days left to work on my 2009 New Years Resolutions. Hmm, I barely remember what they were, time to review!
This was my resolve (posted on my blog last January):

MORE:
Laughter
Family/friends
Fun
Healthful eating
Exercise
Sleep
Sex
Homemaking
Charity
Scriptures
Time for myself


LESS:
Computer
Sweets
Worry
Laziness
Tears
Remorse
Procrastination
Doubt

And lastly, I will remember more often the serenity prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.


Well, so far I've totally sucked at accomplishing my goals. I think I finally did one thing right though. I did subconsciously remember the serenity prayer in regards to this move. It took a while, but I have finally figured out which things I can't change and accepted them, and had courage enough to change what I can. What's that saying, "If He leads you to it, He'll see you through it" or something like that. That's for sure what's been going on with me. There is a bigger power at work in my life that I've been impervious to, but I'm softening my heart and trying to change myself.
Sure, I cried for the entire month of August, but I've finally moved past that. My brain had a little chat with my heart and I've come to accept and welcome this change. I'm actually (dare I admit for for fear I'll jinx it) starting to fall in love with this valley. I think I'm going to love it here. Every time I look at the vast, constantly blue sky I can't help but smile to myself. And the mountains do the same thing to me, they're hard to look away from. Darin and I take turns driving so the other can enjoy the view. There are still things I will dislike about living here, but they are things I can't change. I accept that, and I'm moving on.
Anyhow, I digress.

100 days is still plenty of time left to focus on a few of my resolutions. So for the rest of this year, I will focus on three main habits:

*Eat better
*Go to bed early
*Daily scripture study

That's not so bad. And come next year I'll prioritize and work on a few more.
How are you doing with yours?
(Heather, since you're the one who kept me thinking about my resolutions past January 2nd, I hope to see an update from you)!

4 comments:

Dad said...

I am glad there are some positive things about your move that you have grown to love. It sounds like you are working on the blessings that are yours in this move. I wish you all the luck and love it takes to make this a beautiful thing in your life.

Susan said...

know why you'll love it there? Cuz these people are going to fall in love with you. You are totally amazing and I miss you here ...but know that this is probably THE best place for you and yours.

mom said...

Come what may and love it. Joseph Wirthlin.

Millie said...

We all set goals but few of us get to keep them...we are not perfect...YET!!!

P.S. I miss your blog roll with everyone's blogs for me to click on...