Thursday, September 17, 2009

New home, part 2

The inside. I kept thinking I'd wait and take pictures once everything has a place and there isn't stuff lying around, but that's taking longer than I'd like. So, ignore the mess. Also, the house is pretty dark, due to all the trees, so I had to use the flash for the most part, which of course left the wood looking like it was glowing. Not much I could do about that, sorry.

This is the entry hall. On the left is a record player that belongs to the owner, and you can sort of see the shelves built into the walls by the doorway.



View from the living room into the kitchen

Those little coves on the sides, they're filled with bark. I don't know why.


The kitchen
The cupboards have this ugly brown glass. But I kind of like it.


Door to the laundry room, it's cute, and the top half opens separately.


The house came with this old piano. I'll be getting Calin into lessons asap, which I think he'll really enjoy since he's already teaching himself some songs.

The "fireplace" room, since I don't know what else to call it. That furniture isn't ours.

It has these random hooks, which the kids have taken to filling.

Again with the built-in shelves, and a random log, which is part of why I adore the house.

More random stuff. Just noticed this thing needs scrubbed.


Well, Darin just came home for lunch (yay!) so that's all I've got time for. I'll post more soon.

6 comments:

ben said...

wow, I love your new house. It looks like it has a lot of room. by the way, this is Robyn.

Keri said...

Does this home have room for over night visitors? I hope so!!

Dad said...

I think the house has some real atmosphere. Kind of that western old log cabin air. I like it.

Susan said...

Oh kate...is it truly a lovely house! I can feel the warmth that wood often expresses but expresses better as it has been lovingly waxed and shined. It will reflect your spirits and will be such a great home. good for you and the piano lessons for your son. Take them along with him.

mom said...

I'm glad to finally see the inside-thanks. It looks great. I think the purpose of the bark is to have something to clean up when Ivan comes to visit. I can definitly see why you liked the place tho. The lessons are a great idea for Calin. Bet he'd enjoy that.

Welcome to my World. said...

I love it! I will have to take a road trip up to visit. Tell Darin HI!