Scenic overlook
The view is just breathtaking, I'm not skilled enough to take a decent photo that would do it justice.

Darin and I had great time in Jackson. I love being with him, especially when there aren't kids around to steal all our attention. On Monday we had a great time checking out the shops in Jackson and just walking around. When we got tired we hit the movies and saw 9, then headed to the hotel in Teton Village. We did see some Elk out that way, but I didn't think to take pictures.
The next morning Darin surprised me with a scenic float trip down the Snake River, which is an awesome way to enjoy the view! You're outside enjoying the air, sitting in a raft so your feet don't get tired, and you have a guide to answer all your questions. I truly loved it.
The raft trip started out with this beautiful view:
This bald eagle is the only wildlife we got to see.

It was such a beautiful peaceful trip
Next we drove around Teton National Park for a bit.
At String Lake
Unfortunately, we both had to pee super bad so we didn't get to explore much before we had to find a toilet and then head back home.
Darin and I both love the mountains and just can't get enough. It's not just beautiful views either, even the smell, the mix of fresh air and dust and pine trees, is incredible. It's impossible for me not to love every second of it, it clears my head and puts a permanent grin on my face. It also reminds me of my childhood, of vacationing out here and wanting to never go home, especially when we'd drive up a canyon, sit around a campfire, and listen to Grandpa Bruderer tell his crazy stories and sing his silly songs. It's something you can never get enough of and I want it for my kids, which I suppose is why I'm out here. Life is good and though moving has been hard, it's going to be so worth it in the long run.
And while I'm at it, I should probably note that those were probably the last 2 perfect days of the year. Today as I've typed, it's been snowing. The gray sky is blanketing my life with a layer of cold wet snow. Check out this depressing view from my front window:
4 comments:
SNOW!!! YEAH!!!!!! I hear SLC is getting some as well. I love the first snowfall and am quite sad I am not in town for it.
Sounds like a fantastic getaway for you and Darin. He is a good guy.
I am so glad that you are starting to enjoy what you have around you. You make me realize what it was that I was missing when I moved to Ohio. I took advantage of the things around me here. Now I would miss the greenery and the Lake Erie if We were to ever leave here.
Beautiful shots. Sounds like a fun time. Keep the snow, please.
I love it out here too. I've been here over 10 yrs now and still love it. I did however miss when i first moved west was the greenery. And i never knew people had to water their lawns to have green grass. Ours just grew that way. And I always thought tumbleweeds were just a movie prop until ty and I were driving down the road and one blew infront of us and I said, what was that? He informed that was a tumbleweed. I truly thought they were only in movies. THat is still one of his favorite stories to tell about me.
Post a Comment