Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Concert

The kids had their music concert on Wednesday. They both sang beautifully. The kindergarten sang "Rudolph" (hence the antlers) and the 3rd grade sang "Christmases" and also did sign language. When it wasn't their turn to sign, Naiya kept silently begging me to take pictures of her (very amusing) and I was shocked at how well Calin behaved, he doesn't usually sit so quietly. His teacher said he's been doing well.

I'd put up a video but for some reason I can't ever upload them.

And on a somewhat related note I wanted to share this:
I was at the school helping with kindergarten centers when Naiya's teacher showed me this cute Rudolph picture she made using her hand/foot prints. She said Naiya got very emotional after she saw the other kid's pictures b/c theirs took up most of the page and hers was so much smaller. Her teacher thought it was the cutest thing that Naiya's was so small, but I feel the poor girls pain. She inherited those tiny hands and feet from me. Sorry darling, they may be adorably small but they will undoubtedly frustrate you to no end when you can't find high heels for prom or driving gloves that aren't an inch too long. I'm so, so sorry.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Super fun times. Poor Nayia. I too feel the little hands and feet pain. Not quite as bad as Kate. My videos never load either.

Dad said...

Sorry kids, those small feet and hands are a trait I just had to share with you. I love you and it is great to share those kind of things with you. It makes me laugh that my motor cycle fits Gavin almost perfectly.

mom said...

Dad means his helmet.
Keep trying to put the video on, I'd love to see it. Looks like they both participated whole heartedly.
As your mom I can appreciate what you will have to go thru as Naiya grow's but her feet and hands don't. Remember when you were in Jr. High and could still fit in Barbie tennis shoes? It was never fun trying to shop for shoes with you. A mom's frustration when her daughter is so unhappy is terrible.
How interesting that Naiya realized that her reindeer was different.
You know I still can't get gloves to fit my fingers so I sure can relate to you and Keri. When I was in nursing school the other girls would tease me about how small my hands were. Oh well they serve my purpose and allow me to serve so it's been OK. You guys have done well, too. Naiya will too. Someday she may even appreciate them.