On my last house update, my father commented about them putting the cabinets in so soon. Dad, it's really not that soon, the house is set to be finished on December 28th. After that last post they added sinks and toilets, finished the electrical so we have lights and outlets, then added mirrors and appliances. The carpet is laid out on the floors, though not yet installed. They put up the shutters, and are just about finished with the siding. The house is almost done! There are a few things I wish I'd chosen differently, but it's nothing I can't live with.
I'm really excited, and I can't believe they've built the house this quickly. However, I haven't been this impatient since I was pregnant with Naiya. It's too exciting, and waiting is killing me. I just want to get moved and be done with it. I'm tired of wasting time looking for something only to realize an hour later it's in storage. I'm so done with the kids sharing a room. I don't want to be awakened at 4am b/c they are plowing our parking lot. I'm sick driving to the school 3 or 4 times a day. I hate hearing Darin scrape his car every morning while I'm trying to sleep, and I hate scraping my own. I miss having a back yard and sending the kids outside to play without worrying some idiot is going to run them over. I don't want to see our coats sitting around the living room b/c there is literally no where to put them, and that goes for the boxes of board games too. I also hate sleeping in a bedroom full of boxes and other stuff that should be hidden away, not used as decor and night stands. I'm just so done with renting and ready to be in my own home. So very ready.
 |
| Showing off her room |
 |
| I'm not a fan of the lights, so we'll change those out eventually. |
 |
| 1/2 bath downstairs |
|
 |
| We had to buy our own fridge, we have it, but we can't install it yet. |
 |
| My friend, the dishwasher. Please be good to me. |
 |
| The darn sun is always behind the house so it's really hard to get a decent picture. |
6 comments:
I know how it is to live "out of boxes" I also have an entire storage unit filled to its capacity. I'm Jealous. Your house looks beautiful.
By the way, Sabina had her baby this past week.
I totally get the apartment problems, it's the number two reason I didn't like Hawaii. And I love that light and your cabinets.
The house looks great. I didn't realize that it was to be finished that soon. It does look great. Inside and out. You mentioned the sun being behind it. Does that mean that the house faces south?
After I posted that last comment, I realized I was mixed up on my thinking of suns location and the shadows.
Beautiful! I too love the dining room light fixture.
Ohh I really like it !
Post a Comment