Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December, already?

I'm happy to say I've come to terms with the icy road conditions. After hibernating for almost a week, I figured I'd better get back out there and see how it goes. It's not as bad as I expected, I think my biggest issue was just the unfamiliarity. In Ohio they plow the roads and put down oodles of salt to melt the ice, so I've never really experienced driving on it. Now that I'm familiar with how my car reacts to the ice (love my siped tires!), I no longer go into panic mode. Good thing too b/c much of my life is spent driving my kids around.
Can you believe it's December 1st! Our final walk through is in 23 days, 23!! I've got to be honest, I have no idea how to prepare for this move. We've done a lot of local moves, and they're pretty easy b/c you don't have to worry about having every single thing packed into a box and put on a truck. Happily enough, most of our stuff is still boxed, so this move should be cake. Unfortunately, that leaves me with very little I can do until the week of, and doing nothing stresses me out. :(
I haven't taken any new pics, but last we checked on the house it was moving right along. The walls were textured when Darin walked through on Saturday, and when I drove by today the rock work was done, and the siding half done. Exciting!
Speaking of Saturday, there was a little snow day something or other at the park. They had sleigh rides, dinner, santa, music, and fireworks. Darin's friend Neil was the pyrotechnic they hired to do the fireworks so Darin got to help him set them off--FUN! I took the kids to see santa- Naiya wants a digital camera and a zhu-zhu pet, and Calin wants bakugan (they'll be getting all 3-whew!). I watched the kids cannonball down a snowy hill (sleds are in storage) and we played on the playground while waiting for the fireworks. It was a fun night and the weather was perfect, there was snow on the ground, but it wasn't overly cold, and it wasn't even windy. Can't beat that!
It just keeps snow, snow, snowing. Naiya had the right idea today, she changed into a swimsuit and spent an hour playing in the nice warm tub. And just for the record, I saw a plow out today. Good thing too, if the roads get much snowier cars will start getting stuck.

1 comment:

mom said...

I can't believe it's Dec either. Can't wait to see pic's of yhe house. Won't be long now.
Yeah for plows not so much for salt. You know how dad hates salt on the roads. Glad you've decided you can handle the driving.
What a fun activity for all of you.