We headed out to Driggs yesterday for the Festival of Trees benefit event. We went early so the boys could get in a few runs at the ski hill, then on to the light parade in Victor, then my in-laws put the kids to bed while Darin and I headed to the benefit. We had an okay time, watching rich people get drunk is always entertaining. There was a doctor's wife nearby that was especially amusing. She kept standing up waving her auction paddle around to make bids, and swaying the drink in the other. There was wine all over the floor and her lap, and I wanted to go snatch the drink out of her hand so she'd stop making such a huge mess (it's the mother in me, I can't help it). But the cocktail waitress just kept em coming. The idea is to keep them tipsy so they spend more at the auction, and it definitely worked.
We played 20 questions on the drive home this morning. It was my turn so the family was trying to guess what thing I was thinking of.
Calin: "What can you use it with?"
Me: "Naiya."
Calin: "A grenade!!"
Um, what? No Calin, you may not use a grenade with your little sister. The answer was actually Giraffy, her toy giraffe.
It was nice being back in the valley, I always appreciate the view and enjoy spending time with my in-laws. It was also nice b/c it reassured me that I'm glad we left. It wasn't the right place for us and although Rexburg is taking some getting used to, we'll enjoy being here much more.

1 comment:
Sounds like Calin. Good thing we know he loves his little sis.
Did you buy anything at the auction even tho you weren't tipsy?
The valley is beautiful isn't it? Glad you are happy with your decision to relocate.
Post a Comment