Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

It's a cold snowy Eastery morning here in Ohio. The house is quiet, barely any cars are passing on the street outside. Hubby and the kiddos are at church. And I'm sitting here completely useless and contagious. I don't dare get up or lay down for fear it will unsettle my stomach and my medicine won't stay down. So I'm just sitting around for the time being, looking over the photos from this morning and thought I'd share a few.
At our house the Easter Bunny hides the baskets so when they got up Calin immediately set out to find his (which was no easy plight with it hidden in the dryer).

Naiya didn't seem to care about a basket of candy from a bunny. Instead, she followed her usual morning routine of "reading" books (which she usually does while waiting for me get breakfast or help her dress). Darin had to lead her around the house to keep her on track. She was totally enthralled once she did find it though, the little sneak kept running back for another piece of candy while I was trying to get her and Calin ready for church.

Why didn't I take it away you ask? I thought about putting them up while they ate breakfast but then it slipped my mind and then I was never near it when she was away from it. And the thought of ripping it from her tiny little fingers was just too cruel, not to mention what the screaming would do to my already throbbing head, and then how uncooperative she would be and therefore impossible to get out the door. Some things just aren't worth it. Give me a break, my head is cloudy and I haven't gotten enough sleep-just ask my poor husband whom I accidentally kept awake. He headed over to urgent care yesterday as well. He was concerned about his tonsils-turns out he has canker sores on them, and an ear infection, courtesy of the nasty cold he's had the last 2 weeks.

Naiya loves her "beautiful dress" and Calin was happy to have new (better fitting) clothes as well. I convinced him to tuck in his shirt long enough to take a picture, but of course the tie thing was not happening. Oh well, choose your battles. The one thing I really messed up on-shoes! I forgot to buy shoes (and white tights) so both kids are wearing brown shoes, Naiya with her white dress and Calin with his black pants. Oops! Oh well, at the rate I'm going I'm lucky to have remembered Easter at all.

And this is the point where my camera battery died so I'm through looking at pictures. I don't yet dare stand to wash dishes or bend over to pick up the mess. Or even lay down to rest. So it's Easter and I'm just sitting around. I guess I'll move to the couch and read the special Christ edition Ensign-provided I can find it without too much stomach-upsetting effort!
Later the Bunny is coming back over to help me hide plastic eggs before the kids get home from church, then after naptime they're off to my Aunts for dinner. I'm really sad to be missing out on church and family but one upside to being sick-I lost 6 pounds in a day without any effort. :) And it will continue to go down since my diet consists of Jello, popsicles, crackers, and soup. So when I start feeling better, someone please come over and remove all remnants of Easter Candy from my home so I don't regain those pounds within a day.
Happy Easter everyone! Hope your day is filled with happiness and love and remembrance of the atoning sacrifice of our Savior.

6 comments:

Susan said...

oh my, Kate! this all reads pretty awfully. Is that what your mom has, too? missed you both from church and figured it was the sickees. I hate sickees...and i hate strep throat. i was like you...got it all the time and somehow at some point it turned into rheumatic fever when i was like 5 or 6. My tonsils came out when i was 21...bad experience. Stay down.

Missy said...

love you Kate and hope you are doing better. I love Naiya's dress, very cute. She is so sweet. I love Calin's toothless grin, so fun. He can spit without opening his mouth.

Dan said...

Love the pics! I see a lot of you in the first one of Naiya.

Nikki said...

hope you feel better. it is no fun being sick. My kids all got strep this year. It is no fun!! Get better soon.

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

They are so cute! I love Calin's teeth! And Naiya is such a cutie! Hope you are all on the mend and that you had a great Easter.

ben said...

putting the basket in the dryer is a very nice touch. well i hope that the next holiday goes better than easter.