Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring? Not so much.

I think I'm in winter denial. The calendar says that spring is sprung, but stepping outside tells me otherwise. Calin doesn't believe it's spring either, he wants to know where the flowers are. Me too! Where is the fresh spring air, the flowers budding, and the sun shining? Instead we're still scraping the car and bundling up.
Still though, I'm continuing on as if it's spring (I think it's the "If you build it, they will come" mentality). I got a bit of spring cleaning fever this week, spent some time at a very chilly playground, and today my visit to the zoo ended up outside instead of in the toasty warm rainforest (thanks for inviting me ladies!). I don't think I'm fooling mother nature though, the kids were tromping through snow and throwing snowballs. Yet still begging for icecream (which wasn't being sold) so I guess they must be ready for spring too. The weather just isn't cooperating. But it was still really nice to get out of the house and visit with friends. And an added bonus, I got to see my hubby before I headed home. He works in Cleveland and happened to be driving near the zoo when he found out I was there. We met up in the parking lot and were going to do lunch but poor Naiya was begging to go to sleep. Oh well. I was happy to settle for a kiss hello/goodbye instead.
When I got home, I had some hot chocolate and soup to warm me up. Perhaps if I give in and embrace the long winter mother nature will bring in spring just for the irony? Yeah, I doubt it too.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm starting to really like NM...especially the weather. The wind is still a little chilly, but the high for today is 60! You could always come visit on days you really want some spring:)

Meta said...

i'm with ya girl - too cold!! where is spring!!! i'm tired of the dark, dreary, cold weather.

Nicole said...

Today is partly cloudy with some misty rain, I'll try to send it your way!