I'm sitting here in my darkened living room, thinking about the mold, as I have all day. Calin is asleep in the "playroom," a little den off the living room, which unfortunately doesn't have a door, hence the dark living room. Naiya is tucked into my bed at the moment, but her mattress is set up next to Calin's and she'll be moved later. Darin is at the Cavs game playing host to some VIP customers in the bank's suite. How lucky for him, eh? I bet he's having a blast.
I did my best to clean the mold. It wiped right off. So does that mean it's only on the surface? I got to remembering about a month ago when I was cleaning mold off the window sills, I sprayed that corner as well. I bet I stuffed the quilts down the crack while it was still wet, trapping in the moisture. Which means the moisture is from the room, not inside the wall. That's good news. I think.
Tomorrow I'm going to brave the stores and pick up a dehumidifier, and a borate based detergent to apply to the moldy area. And then clean the dickens out of the room. I'm hoping to get the kids back in there by Sunday night.
What a long exhausting do-nothing day this has turned out to be--good thing I had leftover pie to comfort me! And a bubble bath to retreat to while the kids colored. And now since I can't stop yawning, I'm off to bed.
5 comments:
Oh! I hope it all works out. If it wiped off that easy, it probably isn't too big of a problem? If not, do you have more pie? ;)
Make sure you still bring it up with your landlord. Might as well cover your basis, then if it comes back, you can talk to him about it and he knows you had it once before. Good thing you documented it!
Oh Katie, I love your life. Pie on the floor, mold on the walls and kids in the den. What good times.
no mold at my house but oh the smell after hosting 24 to dinner with 2 more friends afterwards and 2 more relatives the next day. Now am sick...so I read you blogs and commented
Katie, as a house restorer myself, the best solution for mold is bleach mixed with water in a spray bottle. Wipe it clean or scrub it with a brush then wipe, but make sure you have a mask on...mold is very toxic and dangerous for the children. Also make sure its not very black mold...then it needs to be professionally cleaned out. Your Landlord should take care of that. If you need help call me. Millie
Post a Comment