
Halloween was good over here at the Herzoff house. The weather was FABULOUS! I just couldn't get over how warm it was. The day started with running errands with Naiya (I love doing errands on a beautiful day). We hit Walmart, Calin's school (had to drop off the candy), Giant Eagle, and the library. Home for lunch, then over to a friends to babysit her daughter for a bit. When we got home I couldn't stand the thought of going inside so I mowed the lawn (it was pretty overgrown), did Naiya's hair, nuked some hotdogs for dinner, then rushed out the door once Darin got home.

We did trick or treating over at my grandmother's house (as is tradition) and the kids loved it. Naiya lasted about 40 minutes before she declared it was sleepy time and Darin had to take her back to the house. Poor girl was tuckered. Calin loved it as usual, he remembered his "trick-or-treats" and "thank-you's" and even resisted the urge to run from house to house getting as much candy as humanly possible. Which was probably my doing b/c I threatened him with a 6 minute time out on any given treelawn to watch the other trick-or-treaters if he ran away from us.

We had a really good time despite the usual disturbances. I found myself more agitated than normal by the getto trash kids who were way too old to be trick-or-treating and didn't even bother to put on a costume. Apparently they're too old for that too. Grrr. And the stupid parents who drive their cars up and down the streets while their kids walk the sidewalks, what is wrong with these people that they are too lazy to walk for 2 hours? You've got to be kidding me.

At the very least, get out of your car. And please put you 14 year old kid in a costume and teach him to say Trick-or-treat, b/c a kid standing there in his street clothes staring blankly as he holds his bag out to a stranger is rude. Your kid is not entitled to this candy, nor does he deserve it. But I suppose you are at least one step above the parents who have left their kids completely unsupervised, you know the kids who practically run you down as they run running amock through the neighborhood playing knock-knock-zoom-zoom on all the houses who aren't giving away candy (that's doorbell ditching if you aren't familiar with the term). So ridiculous.

Anyhoo. We loved it. It was a pretty great day and I was so tired I ended up showering right away and going to bed at 9:30. That was pretty great until I woke at 3am unable to fall back to sleep. But it's all good, we slept until 8 while the kids watched cartoons then had a lazy morning, and hit McDonalds for a late breakfast. Our plans to vote were quickly thrown under the bus as we approached the board of elections, the line was outside and wrapping around the block. Not cool. We'll take our chances and hit the polls at 6am with all the other crazies. I've never voted before (shame, I know) so this will be a pretty interested experience for me.
Sooo, thanks for reading thus far. Enjoy the photos, they're just random from the last few days.
7 comments:
i totally agree with you!
amen to all of it!
:) thanks!
First off, timeout on any given tree lawn, HILARIOUS! Glad you didn't have to. Second, the pic of Naiya on the gator, DARLING! Third, is there anyway someone got a shot of dad with those horns on his head (see right side of pic of Calin and Naiya outside grandma's garage)? He totally reminds me of the fat woman in the opera! Fourth, I think the pic of Naiya with the net on Calin's head shows how much she adores her big brother!
Your pic must have been lighter than mine cause I couldn't figure out what that was 'glowing' in the garage. David probably has a pic of him-unfortunately of me too with it at his insistance. Kate, I always enjoy your pics. Good thing you weren't the one passing out the candy to those 'thugs'. I was tempted a couple times to make comments but was afraid what they might say/do in retaliation. I did say something to one older kid and he said it was his 18th b-day and he wasn't having a party so he T/T instead. Either very sad or what a line.
I love your rant! You are sooo cute. I love your opinions. They're great.
love you!
Hey, guess what-dad got a new monitor and now I can see in the garage in that pic. I couldn't see us before. The glow I saw was from the garage door opener. Happy day!
last year i had kids and teenagers walk into my house because i didn't come running to the door while cooking dinner. this year we wern't home so we locked to porch door as well as the front door.
ps i'm glad you showered. if not you may stink.
Post a Comment