Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find pictures of my life as well as the ramblings and rants from my easily sidetracked mom brain.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Thoughts on Twilight
Well, Susan lent me the first book, but I have to admit I have yet to open. See, ever since I heard about these books, I thought how incredibly stupid they sounded. Teenage vampires? And the female readers who swooned over them, the whole Edward/Jacob saga, I mean come on, they're characters in a cheesy-sounding book. The whole thing sounded laughable to me. And it still does, not to mention that I get creeped out pretty easily-are these vampires scary? Am I going to lay awake at night thinking some blood-thirsty vamp is going to come suck my blood? I guess the not knowing exactly what these books entail is what has kept me from reading them. Also, let's be honest, I'm not a lemming kind of girl at all. I don't care much to follow a crowd or feel like I need to compete or keep up with anyone. It's obvious I march to the beat of my own drummer, and I guess I prefer it that way. I like who I am, and to me doing something just because everyone else does sounds like a really poor reason to do it. But these books, everyone says they're so great. I like to get sucked into a book, I really do, which is what makes these so tempting. So will I read them? Probably. Wait until I'm good and bored, maybe tomorrow while the pies are baking? Or on Saturday when I'm completely sick of being with my kids so I let them veg in front of the TV all morning so they stop whining/fighting/bugging me. I don't know. Maybe I won't read them at all. I thought I had my mind made up, but you should know by now how incredibly fickle I am. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Kate, they will definately suck you in. There are "good" vampires and "bad" vampires. You shouldn't be too freaked out by the bad ones. Are they worth the read? Yes. I read them on the airplanes and waiting in the airports.
Would you just read them already. Then you can decide whether you are a twi-hard or not.
I read the first one and didn't care for it, altho the ending got me to begin the second one, which I never finished...I wasn't that impressed. I thought maybe I was too old, but that might not be the reason...who knows...give it a shot and make up your own mind.
honestly, Kate...do your own thing...don't read the books altho I am happy to lend you mine which are still unread. I tried, Twilight, and everything you wrote is about how I felt even after reading it. And I love to get lost in a good book...but that was so NOT a good book.
I have to tell you I felt the same way.. and I am hooked now.. however you may read them and decide you hate them.. but give them a try!
Post a Comment