Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yellowstone

For Memorial Day we decided to head through Grand Teton Nat'l Park and up into Yellowstone. It was a beautiful day for it, despite the rain that hit later.

Proof that I was there.

He did NOT want to take a picture with the sign when there was a bunch of people around, but I made him do it anyway.

He had no problem with this pic b/c no one was around.



Waiting for Old Faithful to erupt is about as interesting as my shoe.


Checking out the goods at the General Store.

Definitely up to something.

We came across 4 bison grazing in this valley.

My boys, trespassing in pursue of a restroom, which was locked.

Couldn't resist reading for a bit.

There's some elk down there.


We had a great laugh at this couple in the car next to us.

Did ya catch that?

This is a family place, kids. Get a room!

6 comments:

Dad said...

Nice trip to Yellowstone, wish I was there.

mom said...

Brings back memories of taking you kids there. All you're missing is Gpa B. He sure kept our trips interesting.

Dad said...

I was looking again at those scenic pictures that you took. They are fantastic. You have some great shots. The scenery makes me kind of homesick for the mountains. That was one of the things I missed about Idaho when I moved to Ohio. Ohio has a serious shortage of mountains. Its highest peak is only 1500 feet above sea level. But I do love my lake and the green here.

Susan said...

excellent photo journalism...and I LOVE how you've let your hair grow long...and the fact you are actually IN some pictures. Great entries, Kate. Miss you.

Keri said...

Fun times. How far is Yellowstone from your house? Ty and I discussed a weekend visit with Yellowstone in it.

Susan said...

man! I thought it was you and hubby. then i reread it. darn!