The book I got is the sequal to "The Scrambled States of America" which is one of Calin's absolute favorites, which is why I was so anxious to get it.
The author/illustrator is Laurie Keller and she has a few other great books, my favorite being the first one I discovered, "Arnie the Doughnut" about a doughnut who didn't realize he was made to be eaten. After repeatedly checking these books from the library we finally bought them for Calin's b-day.
We also got him "Open Wide Tooth School Inside," a story about teeth, b/c our library doesn't have it.
Lucky for us she's only written six, so between Christmas and his next b-day we should be able to get the other 3, all hardback copies of course b/c I'm picky like that.
Why do I like them so much? I'm not sure. They are fun stories with incredible illustrations and they are educational at the same time. So you may read them and think, it's just a cute book, nothing extra special about it. Yeah, that's true, but we all have different tastes and this just happens to be mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment