Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Preschool, candles, and the library: a happy day

Miss Naiya started preschool today, unofficially anyhow. It was just orientation. The kids started off with the parents and then were taken into the classroom to make playdoh while the parents went through orientation. Naiya was a bit hesitant but went ahead anyway and loved it. She is so excited to go back again all by herself. I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday when it actually happens. I won't know what to do with myself once I drop her off. I'll probably drive home in a daze and wander around the house aimlessly waiting for someone to want something from me.
Or I'll utilize my alone time and do some grocery shopping. My mother in law is coming into town on Saturday and so far, I don't have anything to feed her. And the house isn't fully moved into. I still need to hang pictures and organize the toys that seem to be taking over every inch of the house. Anyway, more to come on Thursday.
Oh, and fundraising has started so if anyone wants to buy some Home Interiors candles, let me know. They smell really pretty. :)
Wanna know how dorky I am? I happened to be on the library's website and thought I'd check to see if they have a new children's book that came out last month. They had it (woohoo), so I quick put Naiya in the car and we sped on over to pick it up. You can't put a hold on items that aren't checked out so I was a bit paranoid that someone would surely see it and snatch it up during the 15 minutes it takes me to get there. As I pulled into the parking lot I suspiciously eyed the bags of those exiting and wondered if they had found my little treasure and checked it out just because it was there. Surely they're not as deserving of this book as I am, I have been looking forward to it coming out for months. I am planning to buy it for Calin for Christmas but am tortured by having to wait that long. How great that the library came through for me and ordered it :). I made the long walk down to the children's section past a pokey librarian and hastily passing a father and his daughters (no way was I surrendering this book to that oblivious man) and finally approached the new realeases. My eyes scanned the shelves and there, could it be? Was that my book? Yep, still there in all it's glory: The Scrambled States of America Talent Show I snatched it up, rushed to the checkout, and hurried home to read it to Naiya. She wasn't too interested in hearing the story but Calin was thrilled when he got home and saw it! And although Santa still plans to bring him his own copy, for the next 3 weeks, this one is ours. :)

3 comments:

Terra said...

you always make me laugh, you're hilarious!

Welcome to my World. said...

I just may have to go check out that book for myself! There is nothing better than a nice child's book after a long day of work. :)

Susan said...

allrighty...on your recommendation, I have just requested a hold put on that book for me. I'll read it to my pretend kids...or maybe my dog. You think you'll be bored? You think you'll wander around? After you luxuriate and after your mil goes home, come and play with me for a few.