Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's almost October!

Life is busy and I wish it could just stop, for a day even, so that I can catch up! So here's a quick update:

Calin is almost done with soccer (hallelujia!) and has become a Tiger scout. His behavior is improving. He has yet to make a full week of "purple days" but he's stopped getting yellow days and is now getting green, which is just a warning. We're rooting for him. Maybe this week? Last Friday I joined him at school for Apple Centers and had a chance to meet all the kids he always talks about.
I got to help out at Naiya's school too (each moth I get to play parent helper in her class). Last week we took a field trip to Miller's Apple Hill. I love the freedom of doing things with her. When Calin was in preschool I always had to find a babysitter for Naiya (which meant taking her to my mom's-an extra 80 minutes of driving, or I'd beg a friend in the ward to watch her and feel guilty the entire time). Life is good without a baby in tow!
Apple Picking

Checking out the animals

Finishing the maze

(Next time we'll take Daddy and Calin).

Today while Naiya was at school I headed over to Save-A-Lot. Since it was dark and raining I turned my headlights on. And since I'm not used to turning them off during the day my battery was dead by the time I finished shopping. A lady in the parking lot agreed to jump me (thank you nice lady). She didn't have cables or know how to do it and commented "where's a man when you need one?" Um, sorry lady, I hate to disappoint you, but we don't need no stinkin man. I have jumper cables in my car (as everyone should, especially if you have small children who are prone to turning the dome light on before exiting the vehicle). And I was proud to be able to tell her I knew how to jump the car. It's a skill I've recently acquired (by necessisty and desperation of course). The first few times I had to jump a car I had Darin on the phone for backup, by this time I was finally comfortable enough to do it without fear of electrocution. Woo hoo! It made me feel really good to be able to handle the situation myself.

The last few months have been full and passed quickly. My current project is taming the toy chaos. I'm trying to sort through them and get rid of as much as I can so that it will be easier to organize and store them. It's a headache but I'll be so glad when it's done.
Speaking of glad, institute starts next week! I'm pretty excited about that. Sister Stay is such a fountain of knowledge, and I kick myself for not caring or taking advatage of that back in High School when she was my seminary teacher. But she's forgiving and always willing to teach. This year she'll be teaching us about the life of Christ and referencing Talmage's Jesus the Christ which I'm excited to finally read.
If any of you locals plan on attending (Tuesday's 6:30-8), let me know, maybe we can carpool. If I had money I'd hire a babysitter so Darin could take the class with me but that's not happening any time soon. And I'm just selfish enough to make him stay home and put the kids to bed so I can go. Sorry honey. But thanks. I rarely take time for myself (an enrichment night or recipe club here and there and that's it) so I don't feel too guilty about this. Join me if you can!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Good luck with the toy thing. We need to do that here too, probably before birthday and christmas hit! Then in a few months after that, we can add baby toys back in. yikes.
Seminary was early, I am sure you got something out of it, it was just a tough time of day. When she taught new testiment, she gave us Christ's last week chronologically (along with other great handouts) I had it in my scriptures, but lost them at G&G B's. So sad. I would lvoe to have that again.

Jennie said...

how fun! your daughter is so cute!

you are an amazing person!

Meta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meta said...

Cute pictures. I want to take the kids apple picking next week.

I would love to go to institute - let me check my schedule.

Meta said...

Love you testimony of the scriptures.