First off, I finished this:
Yes it's mishapen and has holes where I messed up. The rows are uneven. I completely screwed up binding off (apparently that's not something I can figure out by reading in a book). But, still, I did it!
While I was finishing up the dishcloth, the UPS man dropped off a box of these:
Which is this (also in the box), covered in chocolate:
Those are cinnamon bears in case you can't tell, lovingly shipped to us from Utah by my mother-in-law (they were supposed to arrive while she was here). Thanks Evonne! I even promise to save some for Darin. :)
I have yet to find cinnamon bears in Ohio. Walmart had them once, but they were disgusting wax bears with a slight hint of cinnamon. Not even edible. And I don't really frequent chocolate shops, but the few I checked did not make chocolate covered cinnamon bears. So sad. If anyone knows where I can find them close to home, please share!
It doesn't take much to cheer me up, eh?
4 comments:
Oh my goodness...I don't know where to begin. ok..knitting first cuz I love to knit. The dishcloth is wonderful! I just discovered dishcloth knitting last year and have made a ton. I've knit dresses before...but not a dishcloth.
And cinnamon bears? Robert LOVES cinnamon bears and you are right they are hard to find in Ohio. Robert loved them at BYU...along with their mint flavored tooth picks. I would buy the bears and send them to him while he was on his mission. So eat and enjoy.
oh I just love love cinnamon bears. and I heard the chocolate ones are amazing.
OK so I brought you regular cinnamon bears from Utah so you better share a choc one or two with me. Please! Good job with the dishcloth.
Katie, I love choco cinn bears. Thay unfortunately for mr are everywhere. And guess what, I took the kids to the "Sweets" candy factory where cinn bears are made. We tasted fresh ones and got to see how it's all done and even got discounts on our purchases. cool huh!
Post a Comment