Thursday, September 11, 2008

Miss me?

I know I haven't been in blogland lately, but I'm mostly back and will be catching up with everyone. My mother-in-law, Evonne, came for a visit, which was really nice. We haven't seen her since last year and even though she couldn't stay very long, it was great to have her and for the kids to get reacquainted their grandma.
Evonne started teaching me how to knit. I know, me, knitting? It's weird, right, but all my dishcloths got holes and I didn't want to buy new ones b/c I prefer the handmade ones, and I didn't want to ask anyone to make me some. So it then occured to me that I should learn how to do it myself. My MIL agreed to show me and I gotta tell you, I'm pretty awful at it so far. My hands know what to do, I just can't do it neatly in a pattern that even resembles knitting. But I always tell my kids if they practice they'll get better so I figure the same goes for me. And if I have it down by next year when I see her again, I'll have her teach me to crochet a towel topper. I'm getting all domestic, it's disturbing. If I ever start making cutesy cards or scrapbooking, please have my mental health checked. No offense to those who are domestic or make cutesy things out of paper, it's just not me.

1 comment:

mom said...

I love those dish cloths too. You can make me a couple and I don't care if they're square. I'm sorry you got your noncreative streak from me. Makes me feel guilty.