Friday, October 29, 2010

End of October

They started framing the second story today. I'm still too chicken to take real pictures while they're there, so this is from a drive by shooting. I try to resist driving by every time I'm over there (3 times day) but the kids always beg to go after school so it gives me the excuse. I can't believe how fast it's going up, but I'm still really impatient!
Side view, that door leads into the garage.

We had to sign off on the final plans for the cabinets yesterday. I was so excited to go back to their office/model home b/c it's the same floor plan we chose. I fell in love with the house all over again and it erased the doubts that have been trickling in over the last several weeks. Things got a little skewed in my mind and I had started picturing this really awful house. But I'm back on track and more excited than ever.
Completely off topic.
While I was scrubbing the toilet this morning Naiya climbed in the dryer with a flashlight. She was having too much fun playing for me to protest.
I got to help at Calin's class party, I love going into the classroom and seeing how it's run and meeting the kids. The room mom planned a great party, she had her hubby dress up like a mad scientist and create a secret potion punch while the kids watched. He was very entertaining and told some fun stories. We gave the kids way more sugar than I thought was appropriate, but they certainly weren't complaining. It's been a good day. :)

4 comments:

Missy said...

Congrats on the second floor going up!
I am glad your fears have been put to rest and you are no longer freaking out!

Welcome to my World. said...

You should not feel silly going while the workers are there! In fact, if I were building, I would be there every day. This is a huge investment for you two, you are entitled to keep a close eye on how it's coming along! :)

mom said...

The house looks huge! Such an exciting time for all of you.
It's nice you can help out in the class. Too many mom's can't for varios reasons so I'm sure the teacher appreciates all the help she can get. You're pretty good at momitoring your kids sugar intake so add T or T tonite and your kids will have candy till Easter. Have fun!

Keri said...

Just reuse some candy for stocking stuffers. Thats what I've done. hehehe. The house is exciting!!!