Sunday, October 10, 2010

Read-A-Thon

Calin just finished up his last few minutes of reading and the Read-A-Thon (Oct 1st-10th) is officially over. Naiya read a total of 12 hours (we squeezed in an extra 5 minutes just before bed to make it exact) and Calin read a total of 24 hours and 15 minutes. I don't know how that compares to the other kids in the school, and I really don't care. I'm just proud of them for doing their best and taking this so seriously. Tomorrow we'll take them out for ice cream to celebrate. Great job, kids!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Way to go kiddos!!!! Aunt Keri is so proud of you.

mom said...

Wow that's great. Well earned ice cream and hopefully on the road to loving reading. Congrats to them from gma, please.

Missy said...

I want to go for icecream. Or a cupcake!

Dad said...

Great to hear the kids are reading. Have them keep up the good work. I remember one of my little girls that would read all the time. The world could be on fire, but a certain little Katie would not be distracted from her books.