Sunday, October 3, 2010

The simple things

Naiya loves to exercise with me, her favorite is playing Wii Fit.

She's actually pretty good, much better at it than I am. And by the way, that TV isn't ours, it came with the apt.

Naiya drew Jesus after General Conference, below you can see the nail prints in his hands and feet (as well as the lines in his palms).

I love my darling 5 year old to pieces, I wish I could freeze her at this wonderful age. Though, I'm pretty sure I've thought the same thing during every stage of her life.

Calin has spent a lot of time reading these last few days. His school is doing a read-a-thon over Spud Break to raise money for a basketball court for their playground. I'm glad the library is close, we'll be headed there a lot this week. Calin is content with his chapter books, but I love discovering new stories to read with Naiya. She's doing the read-a-thon too, though she can't read much yet, just simple words. She can sound things out to spell them phonetically but reading is still beyond her grasp. So I'm reading to her or listening to her as she tells the story from the book as well as she can remember it. I love picture books and I love reading them with the kids. Sometimes Calin acts like he's beyond them but when he hears me reading to Naiya he'll stop what he's doing and join us. I'm sad I don't have many years left before they both outgrow them. :(

Anyway. My favorite simple thing of the moment:
Did you catch that?
My heart went pitter-patter when I saw this sign on our lot. I'm terrified about having a house for many reasons, I keep feeling doubt and anxiety and regret. But when it really comes down to it, I'm as giddy as a school girl.

3 comments:

mom said...

She's a doll and growing up too fast. Calin would do the same thing when I read to Naiya. I hope they continue their love of books. Conf was great wasn't it. We had some problems w the laptop freezing up alot but I still got to hear it.
Your house will be wonderful. Wouldn't it be nice if they speed things up and you get in for Christmas?

Keri said...

Whatta cutie. You know what would be better, if that for sold sign was closer to me!!!

Dad said...

Good for you guys. The reading, the pictures, the conference and the home. (sign says it is yours)
I hope they can get those deep tire ruts out before the spring grass comes in.